Tuesday, February 07, 2006

My Top 4 Worst Movies of 2005

In 2005 I saw quite a few movies that were anything but great (Mr. and Mrs. Smith, The Bad News Bears and The Amityville Horror). But the four movies I am about to discuss were downright horrible. They are listed in descending order...as in going downhill...the #1 movie is my choice for the worst movie of the year.

4. Wolf Creek
I love horror movies...at least I used to, until I saw this movie. It is by far one of the slowest, most boring horror movies ever made. For the first 30 minutes I really thought I might be watching the video of someone's vacation in Australia, not a "scary" movie. It is that bad...trust me.
See my complete review here.

3. The Ring 2
To steal a famous phrase used by David Spade, "I liked this movie the first time I saw it...when it was called The Ring." It really is almost a carbon copy of the original movie...with one exception...the first film was good. Oh well, at least Naomi Watts is in it.

2. Elektra
I cannot possibly express how disappointed I was with this movie. I had such high hopes, but who wouldn't, with hot Jennifer Garner (she didn't look so good), Daredevil (he wasn't in it), a great story (it sucked) and loads of butt-kickin' action (there was next to none)...it had to be good...right?
Wrong.
See my complete review here

1. Rumor Has It
I won't spend much time dwelling on this...my full review did plenty of that. But I do want to say that it is the ONLY movie I saw in 2005 that made me feel like I had lost 2 hours of my life that I can never, ever get back. It also has the distinction of being the ONLY movie I considered walking out of. Not only is it easily the worst movie I saw in 2005, I'm confident in saying it is the worst movie I have seen this century.

1 Comments:

At 4:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian, Would you be interested in blogging for us? We need a movie buff for reviews...

email me at collegeblend@gmail.com

I can't seem to find your email address, I will check back

Alex

 

Post a Comment

<< Home