Friday, March 18, 2005

National Treasure (Movie Review)

Nicholas Cage stars in this action/adventure about one family’s search for a spectacular hidden treasure. Cage plays Benjamin Franklin Gates, a man determined to find the treasure his ancestors couldn’t…a treasure that many claim doesn’t even exist. If only they had known there was a map to the treasure on the back of the Declaration of Independence, they could have found it years ago.

Anyway, I have mixed feelings about this movie…and its star. Some parts of the film are downright laughable not to mention flat out ridiculous. But there are also quite a few fun and interesting moments that keep you paying attention. In fact, I even learned a couple of tidbits of information from National Treasure. Trust me…I’m a dork…I went home and looked them up afterwards just to make sure. Same deal with Nicholas Cage…no I didn’t learn anything from him…I’m just not sure what to make of him. Sometimes I really enjoy him onscreen and believe that he is truly a good actor. Other times I am convinced that he is the worst actor on the planet and I wonder how he ever gets any speaking roles. And to think that up until a year ago he was supposed to play Superman in the new movie coming out. Pardon me…HAHAHAHA. It would have been the worst thing to happen to Superman since Kryptonite.

Ok that’s enough. Bottom line, National Treasure is worth checking out on DVD or at your local discount theater…just don’t expect too much from it.

1 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger forrestdavy said...

You are a dork, but that was only one example you gave. Also this movie was cool. I went straight to my local Mason and joined up. Living in secret sucks though, no one can ever talk to me about being a Mason because they don't even know I am one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home