Sunday, December 19, 2004

An Official Announcement

I am officially announcing my retirement from being nice to people I do not know. Specifically, I will no longer hold doors for strangers or allow unfamiliar cars to get in front of me in traffic. Why, you ask? Because no one EVER says thank you. I mean how hard is this?

When I take an extra 5 seconds out of my life to hold a door for someone, you would think they could at least say, "thanks." But nooooooooo.

When someone is trying to change lanes and they can't get over...and I am nice enough let them in, you would think they could at least give a wave of thanks? But nooooooooo.

The situation has only become worse during the holidays. In fact the other day I let a door close in some lady's face because she wasn't nice. I was walking through a set of double doors into a store. At the first set of doors I held a door open for a woman that was approaching behind me. She didn't acknowledge my effort so at the next door I just opened it wide enough for me to walk through and let it close on her. Did I feel bad about this? Nope...not at all.

I wish everyone could just be friendly and appreciative...but obviously they can't, so I am forced to announce my retirement. Merry Christmas.


All i wanna do is to thank you
Even though i dont know who you are
You let me change lanes
While i was driving in my car
-Geggy Tah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home