Wednesday, October 13, 2004

The Forgotten (Movie Review)

I really hate to waste any more time on this movie than I already have...but I have a duty to report what I have seen, so that you will not lose 1 hour and 31 minutes out of your lives by going to see "The Forgotten."

Julianne Moore plays Telly, a mom whose child died a year ago in a plane crash. Over a period of days (or weeks...but who cares), strange things begin to happen (oooooooooh). All of a sudden her kid's body disappears from a family picture, his toys begin to vanish and her husband (Anthony Edwards from ER proves he is not dead) and friends "forget" that the child ever existed. Telly's psychiatrist, played by Gary Sinise, tells her that she's had a breakthrough...she dreamed up the whole having a child thing...and now she is on the road to recovery. Well, our heroine Telly does not believe this for one second, so she sets off to find the truth. Along the way she finds a former hockey player who has forgotten that his daughter ever existed. She reminds him that he used to have a child and together they set off to solve this mystery.

Are you confused yet? Yeah, me too.

Are you bored yet? Yeah, well try sitting in the movie theater while all this crap is going on!

Anyway, a whole bunch of other weird stuff happens (I'll spare you the details). But my tip for the day is, "if you do not like stories involving aliens, do not go see this movie." My 2nd tip of the day is, "if you love stories involving aliens, do not go see this movie."

Bottom line, I wish I could forget that I saw this movie. I wish that I could have that 1 hour & 31 minutes of my life back. I wish Anthony Edwards had never left ER. I wish Goose hadn't died in Top Gun. I wish that Nicole Kidman and Renee Zellweger would stop making movies. I wish that Lynnhaven AMC would start carrying peanut butter M & M's again.

But I digress, every single episode of X-Files that was ever made is 1000 times better than this movie. Save yourself, your time and your money...do not go see it.

2 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah it was pretty bad

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Renne Zellweger is great, not all her movies are good, but she should never stop! What do you think is wrong with her?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home